Saturday, February 21, 2009

To Be Next...

I have been reading a book over the last few days, and other than just enjoying what I am reading, I don't find that I think much about the books I am reading. There is one line in this book that I just keep thinking about and have gone back to read several times. It pretty much sums up how I feel like I have been living my life lately...

"It is some sort of perfidious human desire to never be where we are, but to be next, to be the next minute forward, to escape the present."

I have especially felt like this with all of the eye problems that occurred with my surgery. I am truly tired of dealing with it and more than anything want to get to the point where I can pretend that nothing ever happened. For those that are wondering and don't already know, I will not be getting my LASIK surgery for now. It does seem that it may happen eventually, but for now it is a no go. Soon I will be in my contacts again and everyone will forget this ever happened.

When was the last time you truly lived in the moment? When was the last time you had a day where you weren't thinking about the next day, or what your schedule was for the next week, or when your next vacation was? I honestly can't remember the last time for me...

No comments: