Saturday, February 7, 2009

Life is FULL of disappointments...














Some are just BIGGER than others!


So, yesterday was the big day. I had my preop appt for my LASIK surgery and after they did the scans of my corneas I was told that I am NOT a canidate for the procedure. This was disappointment #1.

*I do have to clarify that we knew that there was a chance this could happen after the corneal abrasion I suffered while under anesthesia more than 2 weeks ago*
The physician then went on to explain to me that the damage done to my cornea was so severe that she feels that we could check for further healing in 2-4 weeks, but that her recommendation was to wait for 6 months to a YEAR. Disappointment #2

*We thought that if the procedure had to be delayed that it would be by a week or 2*

The physician further went on to explain that, in her professional opinion, there is now a chance that I may NEVER be able to have my LASIK procedure done. Disappointment #3

I WILL be getting another opinion, but in the meantime it looks like I will be wearing my glasses. After being given my bad news, I tried wearing my contacts for 3 hours and after taking them out my left one was painful and inflamed all over again. Disappointment #4Who knew that one could sustain such a bad injury while they were ASLEEP????

2 comments:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Oh Kris. That sucks. I am so sorry that happened. . .I wonder what did happen??? hmmm. . .it is really weird.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I am so sorry---that is a total bummer. I hope you get better news in a couple weeks.