Thursday, July 24, 2008


Afternoon Tea

While in Albuquerque over the 4th of July, my mother-in-law made us reservations to have aftenoon tea. I really thought that it was going to be more for my niece, Maia, but as it turns out I absolutely loved the experience. The place we went to was called the St. James teahouse in Old Town.



The experience started with a really bold tea that was delicious. Then, they brought out the food. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to eat so here is a picture of the food. It included a wonderful assortment of fresh baked scones and preserves, mini quiches, finger sandwiches and desserts. Yumm! The second tea we got to try was a blueberry tea. I went great with the scones. The 2 hour experience was finished off with a light green tea and they even provided a caffine free "butterfly tea" for my niece. We all tried it and it was wonderful. It was made from raspberries. We had a great day and it was fun to do something different.

No comments: