Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Blacks

My husband and I are friends with a couple and their names are Sharon and Jason Black. Chad and I had plans with them this past weekend and at the last minute found out that we would NOT have a sitter for the night and the boys would be joining us.

All week long, Chad and I had been talking about going to the Blacks. So, when the time came to go...we told the kids that they would be coming with us to the Blacks house for dinner. As we were driving there Collin was sooo cute. He said, "so Mommy, the people we are having dinner with are Brown people, right?"

All I could do was laugh. I then explained to him that the couple had the last name of Black, and that I wasn't referring to the color of their skin. I guess I need to be more careful about the way I refer to people:)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is HYSTERICAL!! I am laughing out loud!! The innocence of a child is too precious! Thanks for sharing!